- Revelation 4:11 - “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”
- Psalm 103:19 – “The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and His kingdom rules over all.”
- Matthew 28:19 – “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.”
- 1 Peter 1:2 – “Who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.”
2. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- 2 Timothy 3:16 – “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness.”
- 2 Peter 1:20-21 - 20 “Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.”
3. We believe Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died for our sins and arose from the dead.
- 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 “Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures”
4. We believe every person has sinned.
- Romans 3:23 – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”
5. We believe that forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as their Savior & Lord.
6. We believe those accepting Christ should repent of their sin, confess their faith, and be baptized into Him.
- Acts 2:38 – “Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.”
7. We believe the church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved.
- Ephesians 4:4-6; 11-13 - 4 "There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all. …11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ."
8. We believe Jesus Christ will one day return to earth to take us to heaven where He will reign forever as King of kings and Lord of lords.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 -13 “Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 15 According to the Lord’s word, we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. 18 Therefore, encourage one another with these words.”
9. We believe that Satan is the ultimate source of evil in the world.
- Ephesians 6:10-12 – 10 “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.”
- 1 John 3:7-8 - 7 “Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.”
10. We believe that every person has value to God and every human life is to be treated with dignity and compassion from conception to natural death.
- Genesis 1:27 – “God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.”
- Jeremiah 1:5 - “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
- Psalm 139:13-16 - 13 “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.16 Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
11. We believe that marriage between a man and a woman is the foundation of the family and that sexual intimacy is a gift from God and a privilege to be reserved for marriage.
- Matthew 19:4 - “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
- Hebrews 14:4 – “Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral.”
- 1 Corinthians 7:2 – “But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband.”